Thursday, June 18, 2009

Is there such a thing as a *minor* life crisis?

It's been eons since I've updated the 'ole blog and I felt it was about time as I have things to say.

I'm feeling boxed in, caged, stiffled, trapped, and any other negative adjective similar to the ones mentioned previously.

I need an employment change. No, my company is not run by Nazis. Yes, I get a steady paycheck. Yes, the job is safe. I realize I should probably just shut up and put up. However, I can no longer be part of some thing that I feel isn't contributing to the greater good in some way. On a daily basis I feel unchallenged, unmotivated, and unimportant.

The bottom line: I don't know what I'm meant to do in this world, but I truly feel I'm meant for more than this boring and uneventful life I'm leading. I'm a human being with tons of potential, living in a world and on a planet with millions of people and causes that need help. Meanwhile, I type reports all day about people golfing and lifting lawnmowers when they are supposed to be injured. I realize I'm assisting in revealing fraud and saving a bunch of large companies lots of money but something is missing.

There has to be more. I need to do more.

When I think of leaving my safe and well paying job, I'm immediately scared. Starting tomorrow and continuing one every month for what seems like an eternity, I will be paying back my student loans. All $22,000-ish dollars of them. How can I possibly leave my safe, well paying job when I've got this large bill to pay? I could ask that question and create excuses of why I can't get a new job till the cows come home but that would leave me still feeling trapped and unfulfilled.

I want to do. I want to help. I want to aid. I want to console. I want to provide. I want to improve. I want to empower. I want to BE empowered. I want to give to others and feel as though something has also been given back to me.

I need to do this.

And I will.

3 comments:

amanda said...

lets set off on a mission
for new jobs. (even though i just started mine-haha)

chin up, love!

life eventually all works out, rightttt? just keep telling yourself that, and everything will surely, without doubt, fall into place.

xoxo

*Bri* said...

I don't know you, obviously, but I appreciate your comment and I'm so glad I found your blog!

Sarah said...

You're not the only one who feels this way. I am constantly trying to find my meaning-for-being.

Look into volunteering. I promise you it will make you feel better- it always does for me. Serving others helps you to serve yourself.

:)